Installation to suit you
Service Guarantee
Price Match Promise
Reassurance Guaranteed

Job application

Thank you for your interest in joining the StairFurb team. Please follow the below process.



StairFurb is a family run business that has seen rapid commercial growth over the last 12 months. We’re looking to hire a technical sales assistant to take responsibility for supporting customers with their StairFurb journey.

1 icon

The technical sales assistant is responsible for handling all incoming sales-related queries and will aid customers in their journey to getting a quotation and ordering from StairFurb. We do have a simple online quoting/ordering process, with animated videos to explain how to take the required measurements, but many customers prefer to have some personal contact and require guiding through the measuring process. As such, we allow customers to book video calls, during which we guide them through the measuring process. The sales assistant will be responsible for undertaking these calls. Approximately 80% of the job will be undertaking video calls, while the other 20% will consist of answering technical queries on phone calls and emails.

2 icon

As a small and developing business, the career progression is very much open and dependent upon the employees abilities and skills. The natural progression for this role would be to develop into the sales (and marketing possibly) manager. 

3 icon

The suitable candidate should be well presented and personable, as well as having a good practical understanding of DIY and ideally would have some understanding (or the intellectual capacity to develop the understanding) of angles and basic geometry.  Due to the nature of the role, the candidate needs to have good problem solving skills. The candidate must be self-motivated since the role is working from home and you will be expected to be productive.

4 yellow icon

The role will be home based. Since there will be video calls with customers, you will need to have a neutral background and a quiet working environment Ideally, you will have a dedicated room. Before you are able to work from home, you will need to complete some training which will take place in Bere Alston or Plymouth, Devon. This will be 2-4 weeks, dependent upon the speed at which you absorb the required information.  The candidate will be required to cover their own travel costs for the time of the training. 

There is a degree of flexibility in the working hours. Since much of the time will be spent on video calls, it is important that these video calls are available outside of the usual working hours, so that customers can book a time to suit them. All weekends will require 6 to 8 hours of work each day. The rest of the working hours can be spread out through the week day, mostly during end of the day, early evening .

Example working hours: 

Monday & Tuesday : off. 

Wednesday to Sunday: 9am-1pm and 4pm-8pm


Monday to Thursday: 2pm-8pm

Friday: off

Saturday & Sunday: 9am-1pm and 4pm-8pm.

The video call booking schedule can be customised, so we can flex the hours within reason. 

5 icon

Initial salary £18000 with possibility of commission if the candidate is performant and after the probation period.

The application process consists of four short rounds.

1) Fill in the details below as honestly and concisely as possible.

2) If happy with your responses we will email you with a link to an online questionnaire.  In order to score well on this questionnaire you would need to be familiar with our products and the measuring process. It would be wise to browse through the online ordering process and request a brochure. FYI this questionnaire has a 5min time limit.

3) If happy with the answers in round two we will send you another link to another questionnaire, which is more technical based and less about company specific information. There is no time limit on this questionnaire, but we will see the amount of time it took you to complete.

4) Once we have all the answers from the previous rounds, we will then book a video call for you to talk with one of our directors before making the decision to hire you.

    Save basket
    Your Shopping basket and Stairfurb Configuration will be saved and you'll be given a link. You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your basket at any time.
    Back Save basket
    Your Shopping basket will be saved with Product pictures and information, and basket Totals. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time.
    Your basket email sent successfully :)